If you have to self-isolate, it is important to stay healthy physically and mentally. Here are some tips to help:
- Do daily exercise. Talk a walk in the fresh air or do gardening. If it’s raining or you can’t get outside, do something indoors like seated exercises or tai chi.
- Talk regularly to others. Call friends and family. If you have a smartphone or tablet, set up skype or facetime.
- If you have friends that are isolating themselves, call them to see how they are doing. Arrange to call friends at a certain time each day
- Do activities to raise your mood – listen to music, read books, watch a film.
- Work on craft or DIY projects. Just make sure not to do anything that has risk of injury!
- Keep rooms ventilated. Draw the curtains open and get plenty of sunshine
- Make sure to eat well and drink a lot to keep your immune system healthy
- Structure your day. Have set meal times and bedtime. Make a list of small tasks to do each day.
- If you find yourself becoming irritated with someone you’re living with, take 15 minutes apart to calm down.
- Don’t sit still for hours – get up often to make cups of tea etc. Tidy something small every time you get up.
If there’s something that’s been helpful for you, let us know and we can add it to the list!