Information & Advice
- Action Fraud – Action Fraud is the national reporting centre for fraud and cybercrime. If you’ve been targeted by a scam, report it to them. They provide information on the types of scams and how to avoid becoming a victim of them.
- Age UK Leicestershire & Rutland – Leicester based organisation working to help older people. Their website has a range of information & advice, and they also operate a telephone advice line on 0116 299 2278. They run a business directory to help find a trusted trader – everyone listed on their site has been checked out by Age UK staff.
- Citizen’s Advice & Citizen’s Advice Leicestershire – Confidential advice on consumer rights, debt, pensions, dealing with the courts and more. They also normally operate a drop in service from 10am – 3pm Mondays at Lutterworth Town Hall.
- First Contact Plus – First Contact Plus provides a catalogue of information and resources on housing, health, living independently, money advice, work, security and other topics. In particular they provide the Warmer Homes service, offering free advice on ways to reduce heating costs.
- GOV.UK – Find government services and information on topics such as pensions, benefits, housing, disabilities and more.
- Harborough District Council – Harborough Council provide assistance with issues such as bins & recycling, bus timetables, and nuisance behaviour. Applying for a Blue Badge is also done through the council.
- Leicestershire County Council – LCC run adult social services for the county, and issue older person’s bus passes and Blue Badges.
- Leicestershire Fire & Rescue Service – LFRS provides advice on how to make your home fire safe. Home checks are also available on request.
- Harborough Lifeline – Emergency lifeline paid service provided by Harborough District Council.
- ICare – Meals-on-wheels company selling home delivery hot lunches and frozen meals.
- Lutterworth Community Transport – A local charity providing not-for-profit transport for the elderly and disabled. They run regular shopping trips, and can also be booked for important trips such as to the hospital.
- Lutterworth & Villages Foodbank – Part of a local network of foodbanks supported by the Trussell Trust, Lutterworth foodbank provides emergency food and support to local people who are referred to them in a crisis.
- Solicitors For The Elderly – SFE is a national association of independent lawyers who specialise in older client law. The lawyers listed on their website are all fully accredited and are trained in older client care. Melkerts Solicitors are an SFE member based in Lutterworth and are able to do home visits.
- Wiltshire Farm Foods – Company selling frozen ready meals, delivered right to your door.
- Vista Blind – Leicester’s leading charity for people with sight loss. They can provide support services to those in need, from eyesight tests to assessment & rehabilitation services for the severally visually impaired.
- Care Choices – The Leicester Care Services Directory contains listings of CQC registered care homes, nursing homes and home care providers, and is available to read online or you can request a printed copy.
- CHS Healthcare Homecare Selection – An independent company providing free help and advice on choosing a care home or home care.
- Helping Hands – National home care provider with a branch in Lutterworth, providing live in and visiting home care.
- Home Instead Senior Care – National home care provider with a branch in Rugby offering services such as companionship, home help, personal care, and live in care services.
- Pure Homecare – Leicester based home care provider offering various care services including 24/7 care & support.
- Rehoboth24 Healthcare Solutions – Leicester based care provider providing services such as home care, supported living and supported housing, with a focus on complex care needs and 24 hr care.
- Shared Lives – Provided by Leicestershire County Council, the Shared Lives service is an alternative to home care or care homes, where individuals move in or have regular visits with their Shared Homes carer.
Activities & Support Groups
- Lutterworth U3A & Wycliffe Lutterworth U3A – The University of the Third Age hosts monthly meetings with a range of speakers, as well as interest groups led by members on a variety of topics.
- Lutterworth & District Choral Society – The Choral Society is an inclusive choir of around 70 amateur singers, with new members of all skill levels always welcome.
- Lutterworth Share & Care Group – Support group for people living with dementia & their carers, with regular activities.
- Lutterworth Bridge Club – A small and friendly club who meet weekly to play duplicate bridge.
All links are provided for information purposes only and should not be taken as endorsements.