Join us at our book club
If you do you may be interested in our book club which Age Concern Lutterworth & District started in January 2015.
We have a small group of people who enjoy reading they meet together for an hour once a month, to discuss books, short stories and articles chosen by the group. Discussions take place in a friendly non-threatening way, with everyone’s views being valued. Refreshments are provided and you do the rest!
We are always looking for new people to join our group – call Alison or Jane on 01455 557116 for more information. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Second Monday of each month
10:45am – 11:45am
December 2019 – A book on the theme of Christmas.
- January: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.
- February: Any book by Victoria Hislop
- March: Union Street by Pat Barker or any book by Anne Taylor
- April: Any novel by Jodi Picoult
- May: A Starter for Ten by David Nichols
- June: Any novel by Fanny Flagg
- July: Captain Corelli’s Mandolin by Louis De Bernieres
- August: Any novel by Val McDermid
- September: A Man Called Ove by Frederik Backman
- October: Any of the book’s in Chris Stewart’s ‘Lemons’ trilogy – Driving Over Lemons, A Parrot in the Pepper Tree, The Almond Blossom Appreciation Society, Last Days of the Bus Club
- November: Any novel by Patricia Cornwell
- December: The Memory Collector by Fiona Harper