Welcome to Age Concern Lutterworth & District
Age Concern Lutterworth & District is a small independent local charity working to combat loneliness and isolation among older people in the Lutterworth area with a range of events and activities.
“To promote the well-being for all those people in later life of Lutterworth and the surrounding villages, to make it a fulfilling and enjoyable experience, a Lutterworth charity working for local people.”
Please note that due to COVID-19, we are running a reduced number of activities & events. Our charity shop is open with reduced hours, click here to view. We are still able to take donations by appointment only, please call us on 01455 557116.
We run regular activities such as seated exercise classes, bingo, tea & natter and more!
We run regular day trips out to a wide variety of places, from stately homes to seaside towns.
We hold several party events annually, with a catered lunch and entertainment.
We run two monthly travelling lunch clubs. Come along for a two course meal at a local pub with great company!
Need help? We can provide information and signposting on a variety of topics, including Attendance Allowance refferals.
Our charity shop can be found at 7 High Street, Lutterworth. Shop with us or call into the office for assistance.
We’re always in need of generous donations of clothing, books, bric a brac and more for our shop.
Want to spend your time giving back to your local community? Volunteer with us!
We use a variety of tools to raise funds, from online sales to the Big Knit. Find out how you can help!
- Big Information Day NewsletterOur new newsletter is out! Inside you’ll find all our current events & activities. Due to COVID-19, we’re unfortunately not able to offer some of our usual services like our day trips & line dancing class. We’ve done our best to still offer as much as is safely possible, from seated exercise classes to bingo … Read more home
- Events Up & RunningWe have now been able to start running some of our activities again in a safe & socially distanced environment. We are resuming our seated exercise class at the Wycliffe Rooms, with multiple smaller sessions so that people can stay socially distanced. Rather than providing teas & coffees ourselves, clients are instead invited to visit … Read more home
Please note that there is currently disruption to our events due to COVID-19. Please contact us to see what events are currently running.
- Travelling Lunch Club 1 on 28th October 2020
- Line Dancing on 29th October 2020 2:00 pm
- Seated Exercise Class on 30th October 2020 10:30 am
- Bingo on 3rd November 2020 2:00 pm
- Travelling Lunch Club 4 on 4th November 2020
Follow our facebook page for news, updates & information!
“Ageing is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and strength.”Betty Friedan