LUTTERWORTH & DISTRICT
7 High Street
Phone 01455 557116
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Age Concern Lutterworth & District is a small independent local charity Established as an Old Peoples Welfare Organisation in 1962; in 1987 the name was changed to Age Concern and in mid 2000 upon joining the Age Concern Federation the present name was adopted.
Today we are members of the Age England Association where we are linked with other Age Concern groups and Age UK’s throughout the country.
A local Age Concern working with people in later life, to make it a fulfilling and enjoyable experience, covering Lutterworth and the surrounding of villages.
A Lutterworth charity working for local people.
The 2019 AGM was held on Wednesday the 18th of September at 12pm in Lutterworth Town Hall.
- Welcome and apologies: Carol Scholes welcomed everyone to the meeting which had a good attendance. She introduced herself as Chair and Carole Harrington as Secretary. Apologies were received from Alison Anderton, Sheila Eggleton, Roger and Gill Watmore, Sue Smith, Joan Williamson, Maureen Pearce, Mary Poole, Cathy McManus, Sam Weller and Allan Heggs.
- 2018 Minutes: These were adopted, proposed by S. Wheelwright and seconded by D. Gibson.
- Treasurers Report: Carol Scholes presented Sam Weller’s report which has been examined by Val Cooper (qualified accountant) to whom Carol expressed her thanks. The report shows a net income for the year of £15,857 and a balance of £151,503. Judith Smith asked for an explanation of ‘restricted funds’ which was given.
- Report by the Board of Trustees: The report was circulated. Eileen Rands asked if we were receiving any grants at present.
- Reserves: The reserve amount was calculated at £61,000 to cover a 9 month period.
- Election of Trustees and Chair: The continuing Trustees are – Carol Scholes, Carole Harrington, Cathy McManus, Helen Potter, Inger Parsons, Anne Hicks, Allan Heggs, Sam Weller, Sandy Wheelwright. We have one vacancy. Carol Scholes was elected as Chair, proposed by Geraldine Robinson and seconded by Sheila Jones.
- Any other business: Elizabeth Sowerby and David Fuller thanked the Trustees for their work with the Charity. Sheila Jones thanked the staff for their support to volunteers.
To view the full trustees’ report please download the attached document by clicking the button below:Download